Our first market of the 2020 season will be Friday June 19th from 10 – 2 in front of Lady of the Lake Cafe, and every Friday following that until the end of September.
Each week we update this list of what we are bringing to market. Currently it is showing a list of what we brought to market for the final market of 2019, September 27th. It will be updated before the first market so you can have an idea of what we will have, or so that you can send someone with a list if you can’t make it to the market yourself!
Here’s the list of what we’re planning to bring to our Friday Sept 27th 2019 Market at our home away from the farm outside of Lady of the Lake Cafe!!
Click the link for more info about each item, including storage tips and preparation ideas!
- BEANS, Green & Yellow – Yes!! There are still gorgeous fresh beans!!
- Dragon Tongue Beans
- Beets with greens
- Rainbow Beets (Red, Gold, and Pink)
- Red Beets in bunches & bags, 2 lb & 5 lb
- Cabbage (round ones)
- Carrots – 2 lb & 5 lb bags
- Rainbow Carrots – 2 lb & 5 lb bags
- Celeriac– HUGE ones!
- Cucumbers – Mini English, Slicers
- Edible flowers (Pansies)
- Gourds, Ornamental (for decorating) as well as bags of small pie pumpkins for fall decorating!
- Melons, Watermelon and Cantaloupe
- Storage Onions – bags and singles
- Red Onions – bags and singles
- PEA SHOOTS! – the return of Pea Shoots to the market! & Sign Up Now for our Spring Shoots CSA Program beginning in March!
- Peppers – Green & Red
- Peppers, Jalapeno
- Potatoes – German Butter, Red fingerlings, Red and Russet
- Squash: Sunshine Kabocha, Acorn, Delicata, Spaghetti, Vegetable Marrow, Pie Pumpkins, Red Kuri, Winter Sweet Kabocha
- Baby Dill
- Pickling Dill (bunches with flower heads)
- Summer Savory
Stephanie’s Pickles and Preserves
- Beet Pickles, Bread & Butter Pickles, Citron Marmalade, Citron Preserve, Cranberry Sauce, Crabapple Jelly, Habanero Jelly, Dilled Carrots, Spicy Dilled Carrots, Dilled Beans, Spicy Dilled Beans, Dill Pickles, Dilled Jalapenos, Green Tomato Pickle, Hot Dog Relish, Million Dollar Relish, Pickled Onions
- Stephanie’s Ukrainian Beet Leaf Buns
- Quinoa from Tamarack Farms (Erickson, MB)
- Salad Dressings (Balsamic and Saskatoon Vinaigrette) from Lady of the Lake
Recipe of the Week: Roasted Delicata Squash Blossom
I made this, and you can too! It’s easier than it looks, I swear!
There are usually a few items at market each week that don’t make it to the list, so always visit us at the market for the full selection! Newly added items are in BOLD!
We are very busy getting produce ready for the market and do not accept pre-orders. This list is provided for the purpose of sharing what we will have for folks who need to send a friend or family member to pick up, or for those organized folks who are meal/shopping planning!
- Begins March 3, 2020
- 8 weeks of weekly shoots and/or greens
- Pickup at Chez Angela Bakery
- Pickup Tuesdays from 4 – 6 pm
- Cost: $120
- Also gets you access to anything else we may have left, including pickles and preserves, storage veggies, and other crops we may have available during that window.