Markets every Friday from 10 – 2 in our veggie trailer in front of Lady of the Lake Cafe!
Each week we update this list of what we are bringing to market so you can have an idea of what we will have, or so that you can send someone with a list if you can’t make it to the market yourself!
We accept cash, debit, and Apple Pay.
Click the links for more info about each item, including storage tips and preparation ideas!
- Beans– Yellow, Green & Dragon Tongue
- Beets with tops, Red and Rainbow bunches
- Carrots, bunched regular and rainbow
- Cucumbers – Mini English and salad cukes (medium pickling cukes), as well as some pickling cukes
- Chard – Rainbow bunches
- Sweet Corn!!!! The best Corn in Manitoba courtesy of Marcus, Covenant Growers, Winkler (Official corn growers for the Morden Corn & Apple Festival).
- Eggplant, Japanese
- Garlic Scapes
- Green Peppers
- Green Onions – last week for these!
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Kale (beautiful mix of 3 varieties)
- Lettuce Mix
- Butter Lettuce
- Onions, Sweet
- Onions, Red
- Peas– Lots this week!!
- Peas, Snap (edible pod, the fat ones!)
- Peas, Snow (edible pod, the flat ones!)
- New Potatoes
- Tomatoes – heaps!!
- Watermelon Radishes
- Baby Dill
- Pickling Dill
- Edible Flowers (Pansies)
- Summer Savory
Stephanie’s Pickles and Preserves
- Chokecherry Jelly, Citron Marmalade, Citron Preserve, Cranberry Sauce, Ginger Marrow Jam, Raspberry Jam, Dilled Beans, Dill Pickles!!! Dilled Jalapenos, Beet Pickles
- Stephanie’s Ukrainian Beet Leaf Buns
- MB Maple Syrup from Dave at Assiniboine Food Forest
- Salad Dressings (Balsamic and Saskatoon Vinaigrette) from Lady of the Lake
- Brown Sugar Produce T-Shirts – S, M, L, XL, XXL $20 (super soft blend of cotton/poly/rayon, based on the farm team’s favourite t-shirts to wear: they are light and airy! Design concept by Jon, Janelle and Teri!)
There are usually a few items at market each week that don’t make it to the list, so always visit us at the market for the full selection! Newly added items are in BOLD!
We are a small team and very busy getting produce ready for the market and do not accept pre-orders. This list is provided for the purpose of sharing what we will have for folks who need to send a friend or family member to pick up, or for those organized folks who are meal/shopping planning!
Here’s Mom’s Dill Pickle Recipe if you want it!
We are observing physical distancing at the market this year, and following along with the Health Canada guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19 to the best of our ability.
Please do your part keeping us and our community safe and do not attend our market if you meet the criteria for self-isolation or self-quarantine.
We ask that you be in touch with us directly (email@example.com or (204) 901-2800 or in person at the markets) if you have any concerns, questions, feedback or suggestions about our operations or how to access our produce.
Reuseable Bags: It’s common for most of our customers to bring their own bags. We can’t handle your bags right now as a safety measure for everyone, but we will bag your order into a plastic or a reuseable red bag and you are welcome to use the re-bagging station after the payment kiosk to place your veggies in the bag/box/basket you brought and then the bag used can go in the bag return box for future reuse. (The bags come back to the farm and are stored for a minimum of 1 week before we reuse them). If you’d like to be part of the “red bag club” and have one of our red bags to exchange each week, please ask, as this is our preferred way to operate!
Thank you. Please feel welcome to be in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Photography by Sandy Black