with Elizabeth Cancade, Culinary Nutrition Guide & Veggie Lover of Living Simply Kitchen
Fill your freezer with real, whole food meals! Perfect to pair with the great fall produce from our Veggie Lovers red bags. Welcome to your fall challenge – read below and follow the link to access your free challenge guide and recipes.
This fall, as a passionate Culinary Nutrition guide, I am focused on three ways to increase real, health supporting foods in our kitchens.
- Meal planning and prep with largely whole and natural foods
- Converting your pantry to feature more real and nutritious foods that you use often
- A well-stocked freezer for easy meals when life requires it.
Enter the 5 Week, 5 Freezer Meal Fall Challenge.
I have hand selected five of my favourite freezer-friendly meals that feature amazing, health and happiness supporting ingredients. These recipes are seasonally focused and highlight local ingredients. You’ll use a range of techniques in order to sharpen your own scratch cooking skills.
How It Works
Over the next five weeks, simply make one freezer recipe per week. You might double a recipe and eat one the day or week you make it and freeze another for later, or simply make it directly for the freezer.
The time commitment isn’t a lot. I’ve selected recipes that are so simple, you’ll only need 15-30 minutes of active prep time.
The challenge officially begins October 15, but you are welcome to starting cookin’ anytime! Keep us posted on Instagram by tagging @livingsimplykitchen and @brownsugarproduce, and the challenge hashtag #fallfreezermealchallenge
- Schedule your weekly time to cook and stick to your plan. (like right now… stop and make your plan).
- Check your pantry for the ingredients – this will save you time and money when you head to the grocery store.
- Buy the groceries you need for the week’s recipe ahead of time so you have everything on hand when you go to cook.
I’m so glad you’re joining the challenge. Get ready to fill your freezer with REAL FOOD!